Sunday, January 31, 2016

More Baltic Plywood Horses

My mom and I had so much fun making Baltic plywood horses last winter that I thought we'd do it again. This round I fenangled to get 31 horses and all their parts out of a smallish piece of plywood, and this year, instead of carefully sanding the pieces by hand, I whipped out the deck sander and buzzed all the little pieces with that. Only if some tiny corners needed smoothing did I do a bit of hand-sanding. What a time-saver!

Also this year mom and I splurged a bit and got 25+ four-ounce bottles of water color paints in a wild range of color. So with all our fancy colors, we sure had fun decorating our latest horse herd. For last year's herd, check out Baltic Plywood Horses of 2015.

For a couple of days, our kitchen table was buried in fun stuff!
While some horse parts were drying, was busy painting on another horse. Four horses in progress in this picture.
These were our most creative (and unusual) horses this year.
Mom gave her retired friends all a belated Christmas present ... and wow were they pleased
for something "fun" to add to their Christmas trees for next year.

Sure is fun painting them (and a lot of work) but really have no use for them now, so have asked my brother to give them away at a children's hospital around Christmas. I can't imagine a better place to send them off to!

No comments:

Post a Comment