Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Making Wooden Cats

Mom and I really spent some time just kicking around and doing artsy stuff this winter. The weather outside is cold and so in the warm house with music turned low we spent some afternoons. Many years ago my aunt gave mom a scroll-saw hand-painted cat (in blue -- mom's favorite color) and I started thinking that cats, instead of more Baltic plywood horses like we made last year and again this year, would be a fun novelty to paint ... and then give away. I mean, everybody loves cats! So figured after we painted them, we could then give them away to little old ladies at a nursing home, or just gifts to family and friends.

Cut ... sand ... glue!
Even my younger brother got involved ... and painted three!

OK, so my bro has a "special eye" for cat-painting - LOL!

We painted half. My mom will finish them later with her girlfriends!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE cats, and claimed this brown one!
No name as yet ... but the perfect one will hit me later!

Cats and paints - what a wonderful way to spend an afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment